Since 2005 Association of Women with Disabilities SHYRAK Public Association has been implementing the Program of Assistance in Employment of Women with Disabilities in close cooperation with Almaty Chamber of Crafts Public Association and Public Association "Gulzar" in Almaty and Almaty oblast, and since 2008 with the Department of Employment and Social Programs Coordination of Almaty and Counterpart Consortium, Inc.
Principal Aim of the Program:
Assistance in employment of women with disabilities through training and instruction in professional knowledge, development of skills necessary for employment, and formation of a positive image of a professional woman.
- To provide women with disabilities with an opportunity to acquire professional knowledge and skills in accounting (BRIDGE Project with technical assistance from JICA (training course on Professional Rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities, 2007-2010);
- To provide women with disabilities with an opportunity to acquire professional knowledge and skills in traditional crafts (in partnership with Almaty Chamber of Crafts, training course on Production, Marketing and Sale of Traditional Felt Handicrafts, 2007-2008);
- To provide women with disabilities with an opportunity to acquire professional knowledge and skills in floristry (in partnership with Public Association “Gulzar”, training course on Floristry, 2009);
- To create a precedent in setting up a social enterprise of women with disabilities specializing in the delivery of high quality services to the public;
- To assist in raising self-esteem and developing skills in self-presentation and employment among women with disabilities;
- To promote the interests of women with disabilities at the level of legislation of Kazakhstan in the area of employment of persons with disabilities.
- Training courses for women with disabilities on the making of traditional felt handicrafts, floristry, marketing and sale of products;
- Instruction provided by trainers who are women with disabilities in the area of accounting and operation of electronic tax report software and 1С-Accounting for work at the social enterprise “Balans+”;
- Development of cooperation with the Department of Employment and Social Programs Coordination of Almaty in the area of creation of special jobs for women with disabilities with Association of Women with Disabilities SHYRAK Public Association;
- Training courses aimed at raising self-esteem and developing self-presentation skills for job search;
- Surveys and research in the field of employment of women with disabilities and submission of proposals and recommendations to state agencies regarding the same.