What topics would you like us to cover in news items and articles on this website?
Development of Networks of Organizations of Women with Disabilities
Since 2004 Association of Women with Disabilities SHYRAK Public Association has been implementing the Program “Development of Networks of Organizations of Women with Disabilities” supported by Counterpart Consortium Kazakhstan, Government of Finland, European Union, British Embassy in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan and Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung.
Principal Program Aims:
Creation of a single platform and consolidation of efforts of leaders and organizations of women with disabilities at the local and international levels for improving the quality of life of girls and women with disabilities through consorted joint impact on state policies in the area of gender and disability and promotion of a culture of tolerance and diversity in society.
- To create and ensure information and resource exchange between the members of the Network;
- To design a common strategy aimed at the resolution of issues of women with disabilities encouraging member organizations of the Network to shift from project to programmatic activities;
- To engage in joint consorted activities for the protection of rights of women with disabilities in all areas of life, integration of a gender approach to disability issues, and promotion of social and political models of disabilities;
- To assist in increasing the impact of the Network and its members on the formation and implementation of policies in the area of gender and disability;
- To develop inter-Network cooperation among organizations of women with disabilities and persons with disabilities at the international level;
- To develop the potential of members of the Network through educational activities and exchange of experience and ideas;
- To create conditions for the emergence of initiative groups and develop newly established organizations of women with disabilities;
- To raise the level of public support for the member organizations of the Network;
- To create a single database of leaders and organizations of women with disabilities.
- Identification of organizations working in the area of gender and disability, establishment of connections and organization of local and national Networks of women leaders of organizations of persons with disabilities (Project “Creation of a Network of Organizations of Women with Disabilities in the Republic of Kazakhstan” supported by Counterpart Consortium Kazakhstan, 2004-2005);
- Training program: a series of training courses on “NGOs and community”, “Creation and development of networks”, “Gender and disability”, and “Needs assessment and strategic planning” in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan within the framework of a four-year project “NETWORK” supported by the Government of Finland; Project “The strengthening of leadership and management potential of community organizations of women with disabilities and their networks and development of a dialogue with the state agencies for greater impact on state strategies in the area of disability and gender”, 2009-2011, Representative Office of the European Commission in Kazakhstan, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan, Friedrich-Ebert-Stinftung, British Embassy in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of People of the Republic of Kazakhstan and KIMEP;
- Maintenance of an information exchange (creation of a website, publication of a newsletter, distribution of information through an electronic mailing list);
- Conducting joint activities for monitoring and evaluation of social programs and their budgets, sociological surveys and research, public hearings, awareness-raising and advocacy campaigns (Roundtable entitled “Issues of women’s disabilities and consideration of the interests of women with disabilities in state programs in various areas”, 2005, World Bank; public hearings on “Consideration of interests of women with disabilities in budgets of state social programs”, 2006, Soros Foundation-Kazakhstan; Central Asian Science & Practice Conference on “Education and Employment of Women with Disabilities”, 2007, Government of Finland; sociological survey on “Social self-perception of women with disabilities in Almaty and Almaty oblast”, 2007, Government of Finland);
- Institutional support for newly established organizations of women with disabilities including financial assistance in state registration of 5 organizations in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, in-kind assistance (donation of computers and office equipment), free consultations (within the frameworks of a four-year project “NETWORK” supported by the Government of Finland and other projects);
- Administration of a small grants program to support the activities of members of the Network for the promotion of interests of women with disabilities;
- Creation of a database of members of the Network.
"Шырақ" мүгедектігі бар әйелдер Ассоциациясы "Қоғамдық бірлестігі
Адрес: 050004, Қазахстан, Алматы, Гоголя к-сi, 111 үй, 622 офис
Тел./факс: +7 727 2795723,+7 727 3912700 Электрондық почта: firstname.lastname@example.org
Тіркелген күні: 04.12.2001 года
Общественное объединение "Ассоциация женщин с инвалидностью "Шырак"
Адрес: 050004, Казахстан, г. Алматы, ул. Гоголя 111, офис 622
Тел./факс: +7 727 2795723, +7 727 3912700
Электронная почта: email@example.com
Дата регистрации: 04.12.2001 года
Public Association of Women with Disabililities "SHYRAK"
Address: 111, Gogol str., 622, Almaty, 050004, Kazakhstan
Tel./fax: +7 727 2795723,+7 727 3912700
Date of incorporation: 4 December 2001
Development and design of the web-site was performed by ©SilverDisc Web-Studio - creation and promotion of web-sites in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Designer - Anatoliy Sedelnikov, developer - Roman Kinyakin, project manager - Andrey Kireev. Powered by EDGESTILE SiteEdit.